This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use as set out at www.abtea.co/terms) applies when you use our website www.abtea.co (the “Website”) or visit a site that uses our advertising technology. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Abtea Limited (trading as ABTEA) of #907, 9/F Silvercord Tower 2, 30 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
1. When you purchase products from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, phone number, delivery address, email address, credit card details and details of the items you have ordered.
2. Information we collect about you and your device - when you browse the Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
2.1 technical information, including the computer’s internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
2.2 information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed, purchased or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. Information we collect about you via advertising – From time to time, we may place ads on third party sites (for instance Instagram and Facebook Page). When you view or otherwise interact with our ads, we and our partners may use various technologies (such as cookies) to collect and store information about you including cookie data & anonymised IDs for attribution & advertising purposes. We use these technologies to help us understand more about our customers and the effectiveness of our adverts.
4. Location Information - We may also collect information about your location, such as the IP Address of the device you access our Website from.
5. Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
THE USE OF THE COLLECTED DATA
1. We use the data held about you in the following ways:
• to ensure the processing & delivery of your order is completed; or to contact you if there is a problem with your order
• to allow us to provide you with our products and related services;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so;
• to conduct competitions and promotions;
• to contact you about products and services you have requested;
• to notify you about changes to the Website and products and service we offer;
• to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to ensure the Website is safe and secure; or to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to allow us to remind you about our products or services on particular dates you have provided us with.
• to allow us to provide you with other information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
• to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification) and to contact you by post
2. The emails we send to you fall into two categories:
• Emails which provide you with information about offers, new products and other things that we think may interest you or ABTEA customers generally. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our newsletters here: -***********--
• The emails and messaging alerts that we send concerning activity on your ABTEA account ("Service Messages"), specifically
a) To remind you of free credits that may be in your account
b) To remind you of unordered items in your online basket
c) To remind you of product creations that you have abandoned
d) Surveys to capture your feedback on orders you have placed with ABTEA
e) Surveys to capture your feedback on contact with our customer service team
f) To remind you that you have an Account
If you would prefer not to receive the emails and messaging alerts, you can OPT OUT at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we reasonably can, please be aware that it may take up to 14 days for changes to your preferences concerning Service Messages to take effect.
We may also use data held about you for another purpose, but only where such purpose is communicated to you at the point of data collection
METHODS OF PROCESSING
We collect, use, disclose, retain and dispose of your personal data in a proper manner, for authorised purposes and take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction. The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Within ABTEA, we restrict access of your personal data to those of our employees who have a business reason for knowing such data. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal data from any unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Your data is kept only for the time necessary to provide the service or product you request, or to fulfill the purpose outlined in this policy.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to OPT OUT.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
ABTEA #907, 9/F, Silvercord Tower 2, 30 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
1. Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
2. Analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of currency or language).
4. Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our Website and services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. We may also use these cookies when we place ads on third party sites (for instance Instagram and Facebook Page). This allows us to understand the number of times our ad has been viewed, whether you visited our Website after viewing our ad and the links that you followed to get there.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a maximum of twelve months.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.